Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations and have over 155 programs and over 4,300 employees across the country. And we're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.
As part of the Telecare Family, the Recovery Center at Woodburn is a 15-bed sub-acute locked forensic facility for adult males 18+, who are diagnosed with a serious mental illness.
Employment Status: Full Time .8
Shift: NOC 11:00 pm - 7:30 am
Days: Thursday - Sunday
The QMHA provides care that responds to the physical and psychological needs of members served. The QMHA provides direct and indirect services according to individual service plans and Medicaid standards. When the term “members” is used in this job description, it will mean “residents”.
· Demonstrates the Telecare mission, purpose, values, and beliefs in everyday language and contact with the internal and external stakeholders
· Provides safe, effective, and efficient implementation of direct care in accordance with established policies, procedures, and standards of care
· Complies with Medicaid standards in the provision of care including following a treatment plan to provide skills training, activity therapies, and psychiatric support
· Documents interventions according to program and Medicaid standards at intervals established by program leadership
· Provides crisis intervention
· Gathers and summarizes clinical data for use in assessments
· Participates in treatment team meetings
· Establishes, maintains, and co-facilitates a therapeutic relationship with members served; acts as a role model by maintaining a hopeful and positive attitude and problem solving and coping with mental illness
· Attends and participates in community meetings and groups
· Facilitates groups within scope of practice
· Charts and observes client behavior
· Documents client activities of daily living, response to interventions, and significant behavior changes as appropriate
· Admits and discharges members served as assigned; including completing associated documentation
· Assists members served with hygienic care
· Provides client monitoring including, but not limited to, rounds, seclusion and restraint supervision and smoke breaks
· Assists in client outings, which may include driving
· Practices body substance precautions at all times
· Administers medications to all facility members per LMP orders
· Practices seven rights of medication administration
· Accurately documents medication administration in member’s record
· Utilizes universal precautions in handling of members’ medications
· Completes vital signs and accurately documents in member’s record
· Accurately tracks medication supplies during shift (completes controlled medication count, audits medication administration record for accuracy)
· Communicates with LMP and nursing coordinator any concerns or needs regarding medication administration for members
· Must assist with restraint of members served in the event of assaultive behavior and pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed at the discretion of management.
Position requires transporting Members in program van (acceptable driving record)
· High school diploma or G.E.D and three (3 years of experience in a psychiatric mental health setting or BA/BS with one (1) year experience in mental health setting
· Must be credentialed as a QMHA in the state of Oregon
· Must have completed approved training and pass competency test, outside candidates must complete within 30 days of hire
· Must be at least 18 years of age
· Must be CPR, Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI), and First Aid certified on date of employment or within 60 days of employment and maintain current certification throughout employment
· All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. Position requires driving, valid driver’s license, a motor vehicle clearance and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual or local requirements may apply
· Knowledge of basic psychiatric rehabilitation interventions
· Good communication skills
· Ability to use problem-solving techniques
· Ability to interview members served to determine client needs
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, bend, squat, kneel, crawl, twist, push, pull and lift and carry items weighing 50 pounds or less as well as to frequently walk, stand, twist, reach and to do simple and power grasping. The position requires manual deviation, repetitive and dexterity and be exposed to uneven walking ground as well as Hazardous Exposure (Blood Borne Pathogens, Hospital Waste, Chemical & Infectious).
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability